Yes, this is an AARP commercial and I really like it...

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Perspectives from a 16 year old

(verbatim letter from the house girl in my house)
---
Dated 17th April 2009

Hey Jossie.

How are you, I think that you're fine and every - think is going fine. The reason why I wanted to talk to you yesterday was that, Firstly, I want to apologise for not giving you my company simply because I don't get enough time to speak with you through I like to speak with you cause am always busy like a bee in a bee-hive. When I get a spare time, I could use it for reading or revising books, writting or noting some notes or I could use it for rest cause sometimes I do get so tired.

Secondly, but not last, I wanted you to get for me a sponsor and my two little siblings or to get for us sponsors. You know, I want to leave this place and go to be with my family cause I really miss all the three of them. Besides, in my family, we are only four children, we are two girls and two boys.

The reason why I want I want you to get for me a sponsor is, I want to get enough time to revise my books cause in early June this year am gonna do my final exams for my first year and you know they are so tough especially typing using a type writer and shorthand. I also want to be with someone who can understand, support and love me as my parents would have done if they were alive. It is sad, bad and painful cause I lost both of them. My mother died when I was a little girl of three years and my daddy died when I was eleven years, I was left with my three siblings, Mathias (the elder one), Me (the second born), Fred (the third born and is eleven years now), Prassie (the last born, is now nine years). This two little ones were born by my step mom but unfortunetly, she died also.

I do appreciate whatever Favor's mom is doing for me because is the one who is responsible for paying my fees bill but now I would like to get a sponsor who can sponsor me financially, medically and basically in all I need and other two sponsors who can sponsor Fred and Prossie cause I want them to study more and learn how to speak and write english very well because they are studying in a village which is so deep. In deep villages, there are poor qualities of education, if you get for us sponsors, I would like to take them in privat eschools so that they can acquire a good quality of education. I also promise to take you in my village to see my family after getting for us sponsors.

If you see that you and your family can help one of us, I ask you please to help or if you know someone in your country who can help us, I beg you to consult him or her or any orginization.

I would like to leave here in early May if you get for me a sponsor cause I need to prepare myself for my final exams. I also ask you to do whatever you can or to try your own best. At home it will be difficult to talk about this.

I. Am sorry to give you to do such a job or to pressure simply because I don't have any option. You have to understand me kindly.

II. I want you to keep this as a secret between me and you cause I don't want anybody at home to find this out.

III. Though I don't get long with you, I realy love you so much x100.

IV. Finally, I gonna wait for a reply and you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone pleasy.

After reading it, I want you to tear it into tiny/small pieces cause I don't wnat anybody to come across it.

Nice reading and nice day

May the Almighty God multiply all you do by billions and billions.

God bless you,
Luv,
Annette Ann

No comments: