Yes, this is an AARP commercial and I really like it...

Saturday, April 18, 2009

My homestay

My Host family:
Ruth - the mom in the house... she is currently unemployed and used to work for a large NGO

Naomi - works for the city as the treasurer. She has a 2 year old named Favor (aka Fava) (probably 28)

Esther - works for compassion international (probably 25)

Vicky - works for compassion international (probably 23)

Susan - not currently working - waiting for university to begin in September (age 19)

Annette - an orphan the family took in. In exchange for housing and food, Annette does the majority of the housework, cooking and whatever else needs to be done
(age 16)


Here is a picture of my bedroom...


Living room


My non flushing toilet... thank goodness for tape



The other bathroom with the tub (where bucket baths take place :~D) and the sink where I pour water to brush my teeth...)


Where we eat...


The house


Fava


Susan

No comments: