Yes, this is an AARP commercial and I really like it...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring cleaning?....

I wrote the director of Buddukiro Children's Agency to see what types of donations would be helpful, if I could round them up.
He replied with the following list.
If you have any of the following items and you have been trying to find a good use for them perhaps this is that opportunity...What is that saying...one man's trash is another man's treasure...

* Laptop (hey you never know... someone may have an old one they don't use anymore
and forgot it in the back closet)
* Flash stick/jump drive
* Children's Books
* Learning flash cards (ex. 2+2 on one side and 4 on the back side)
* Learning work books (they look like a coloring book but have problem sets for
math, spelling, science, etc.)
* Boxes of pencils
* Pencil sharpeners
* Erasers
* Solar calculators
* Maps
* Coloring books
* Crayons
* Colored pencils
* Indoor board or card games
* Hot wheels cars
* Badminton set with extra birdies
* Soccer ball
* Sports equipment
* Assorted hard candy (prizes)

Things to keep in mind:
I will be carrying all donations with me...when I leave in 29 days. I am hopeful to get one box full which I'll then check at the airport.
Batteries are extremely expensive so toys/games requiring batteries are not desirable.

No comments: