Yes, this is an AARP commercial and I really like it...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Prayer request... Praise report... Funny things....

Prayer Requests:
*That I may have a teachable heart
*An Open mind
*Strength and comfort in my marriage for me and Adam while we are apart
*Safety
*A good and positive host family relationship
*Ears to hear what is needed and eyes to do the work even if it is not what I had planned

Praise Report:
*So far I have raised 1/4 of my program fees! Y
*I went into a local store looking for a plain silver ring to wear while in Africa instead of my engagement ring and wedding bands... and they simply gave me the ring
*I went to lunch with a friend the other day and was talking about how nervous I am about the trip...after lunch I opened my fortune cookie to read "Don't be afraid to take that big step"

Funny Things:
*I will be in Uganda during Grasshopper season... apparently they are tasty and former interns keep noting how much they miss them and how lucky I am to be there during the season... Ummm.... I can't help but wonder if this is some sort of initiation trick. Anyhow - in the event I have to eat them I looked up their nutritional value... healthy little guys. I posted the information on the left (along with 13 other edible insects) in case you're interested

2 comments:

Farrah said...

"May the God of hope fill you will all joy & peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Keep trusting in Him girl! I am praying for you always and today I am asking him to fill you wiht all joy & peace as you trust Him. I love you dear friend. Always, F

bvacarr said...

You are still in transition between cultures. It makes sense that you are feeling so down. This too shall pass and the rhythm of life will take over as it always does. Hang in there--the purpose of your trip will carry you. Lots of love. Barbara